• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download Adobe Creative Cloud App for Mac please?

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't find a way on the Adobe website to download the Creative Cloud App for Mac.

I need this app so I can upgrade my fully purchased Lightroom v. 6.6 to v. 6.7

thanks so much, Teri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

6.7 for Mac is the top entry under Updates / Mac OS. See below. (in bold)

The update will not interfere with your metadata or presets.

Updating is normally done via Help > Updates. (possibly Lightroom > Updates on a Mac)

Sometimes this doesn't work, there are plenty of posts about that on this forum, and we then refer people to the manual update link.

You cannot update by logging into your Adobe account.

are you able to send this conversation to the Techs at Adobe

You can post in this forum Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have standalone Lightroom 6, and not a Creative Cloud subscription, you do not need or want the CC desktop app.

If you have problems updating to 6.7, you can download the update manually from here:

Install Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Per, really appreciate your help with this...

however I don't see the Installer link on the webpage referenced... where can I find the actual installer please?

also assuming the software update will save my system metadata and pre-sets?

third -- are you able to send this conversation to the Techs at Adobe, as I have had trouble finding a simple way to upgrade this software and I searched quite a bit with no success... and I was led to believe that I needed the creative cloud software to do this upgrade when its not the case..

thanks so much, Teri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.7 for Mac is the top entry under Updates / Mac OS. See below. (in bold)

The update will not interfere with your metadata or presets.

Updating is normally done via Help > Updates. (possibly Lightroom > Updates on a Mac)

Sometimes this doesn't work, there are plenty of posts about that on this forum, and we then refer people to the manual update link.

You cannot update by logging into your Adobe account.

are you able to send this conversation to the Techs at Adobe

You can post in this forum Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community where Adobe techs participate.

Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

How long does it take to download a product?

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6

Application Installers:

LanguagesMac OS XWindows
AllDownload (727 MB)Download (744 MB)

Updates:

Mac OS:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Per -- I'm downloading link now.

Will let you know later how it goes but I'm very grateful for your help as I have a job to process and deliver today and LR has been crashing without this upgrade...

Will confirm all went well later-- and yes -- I tried to update via Help and that didn't work as you mentioned...

thanks again so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the install went well, however when I view specs it says I have LR 6.0, not 6.7 --

do I now need to update to get to v. 6.7?

don't understand why info doesn't say v. 6.7.

thanks again so much Per 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click this link?

Sounds like you clicked Download (727 MB)

which is the base 6.0 version.

Click the other link to update to 6.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes -- you're right -- I downloaded the one in the window since I thought that was the latest version -- I did this so quickly that I didn't see the upgrade version on the lower half of the page... Thanks so very much for all your kind help Per, its really appreciated!  sending the best to you from NY City, Teri 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also I did go onto my Adobe accounts page and looked under my registered products -- I didn't see any way to upgrade LR from there -- or was I just supposed to re-install LR and the upgrade is a total re-install? 

none of this is clear at all on the various update pages -- I did try to find all these answers multiple times before going on the forums so perhaps the techs need to make the upgrade options much more visible... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines