Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site not opening in android phone

Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Home

I uploaded my latest version of the above site but I could not open it in Chrome - my set browser on a Samsung Galaxy 5.

It is a combined fluid / fixed width site with various pages set to breakpoint sizes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

It's working just fine on my android phone.

Screenshot_2016-11-28-08-13-37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working just fine on my android phone.

Screenshot_2016-11-28-08-13-37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I'm so sorry but I had not entered the correct address.  It now works on my phone and on my client's phone (I am so delighted to say!)  But since you can access it maybe you can tell me why the little chillies are not working properly Some of the items on the menu should have one chilli , some two  and some three. I place the single chilli art to the side of the page and then copy it, switch to type tool and paste it in place.  But when I look over the different breakpoints they are multiplying. Now some items have three chillies when they should have only one.  Is there a fontawesome way to create a chilli as a font item.? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brushwipe Yes, there is definitely something wrong with the chilis. I couldn't tell you for sure without looking at the muse file, but I would guess that you have more chilis on some breakpoints than others. Pretty simple answer, but I would just double check going through each breakpoint and see if there are too many chilis in any of them.

Some chilis could be hidden on some breakpoints too (Muse CC Hide in Breakpoint ), but I kind of doubt it because the chilis shouldn't need to hide or change on any of the breakpoints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client was very excited to see her restaurant on her phone! I explained that there was still much to do including getting the right amount of chilis marked to whichever item.  I noted that when viewing on desktop screen and dragging the browser down from 2000 px there were literally rows of chilies.  I do not understand why. My process was to copy a chili from Illustrator, saved as SVG and paste it into the dark area beside the page on Muse. Then to turn it into a text object I copied it again, switched to type tool and pasted it on the line beside the menu item. Some items required up to three chilies and I simply inserted further copies alongside. 

I have asked Font Awesome and Terry White if they know of a method but no response as yet.

Today, I have found http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/04/how-to-turn-your-icons-into-a-web-font/  and hope it will help.

If it does I will >select same> on the chilies and delete them completely before trying to insert a trouble free character.

My client didn't think my idea of removing all the chilies and letting the customers play Russian Roulette.

I will let you know how it goes. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Bill Watters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than 1 icon? If it is only the chili icon I would just get an SVG file and add it into Muse wherever you want it. I think that would make it simpler by not having to include a font just for that icon and Muse drag & drops SVG pretty nicely, but I haven't looked into the page speed impact on this very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,  Yes, although the chili problem still exists the site is going quite well at the moment.  I have persuaded the client to go with little red stars from Font Awesome - at least until I can solve the chili problem.  I am afraid that just dropping an SVG file alongside the text didn't work when I produced a take-away leaflet for print.  Muse hated it and of course each time I altered a price or made any amendments the lining up became a nightmare.  Thankfully, one of the Muse boffins kindly gave me the method of copying and pasting the SVG chili as a type character. It worked in inDesign artwork for print but does not work in Muse.  I will be uploading the almost finished site tomorrow (hope) as I am finalizing the hyperlinks today and will link up the telephone and social media stuff when I find out how to do it.??? 

When I get everything working I will upload it to replace the restaurant existing site at http://www.dokmali-swinton.com on the present host at Vidahost.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines