• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 crashing turns .fla file into unexpected file format

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in Flash Professional CS5, the program crashed and when I open the last version of the flash file I saved it tells me it's an unexpected file format. What is this about? It is an .fla file. How can I recover this file and is there an auto save feature in CS5? Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your fla is corrupted.

you may (but probably won't) be able to salvage some of your work.

1. copy the fla so you have a duplicate and original.

2. rename the duplicate to a rar file

3. open the rar file with winrar and repair it.

4. rename the repaired rar to a fla and open in flash.

5. if that succeeds, you're lucky. read below because that will never happen again.

6. if that fails, rename the repaired renamed fla back to a rar file and unrar it.  you may be able to recover some assets

resolve to never encounter that again by saving your fla projects frequently with different names.  i append _v000, _v001, _v002 etc to the file name.

i created a jsfl that does that automatically and created a shortcut to the jsfl file so pressing ctrl-alt-s saves with the next incremented file name suffix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work. Thanks again.

Gary Wutkowski

gwutkowski@i-t-tech.com<mailto:gwutkowski@i-t-tech.com262.251.9702>

262.251.9702 Ext. 114

Technical Illustrator/Animator

IT Technologies

N96 W15504 County Line Rd.

Germantown, WI 53022

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines