• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird "tail" when moving Track Points in After Effects

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using After Effects from CC 2014  on an 2015 imac, to stabilize a hyperlapse. I click on "stabilize motion", choose to track "position" and "rotation" and then start to track my composition frame by frame repositioning manually the track points... all good until 4-5 frames later when "track point 2" leaves a weird trace when i drag to reposition it,  that looks like in the photos attached.. i cannot describe it, that why i took snapshots to show it..

any advice? is it a memory issue? (i have 16G ram, 13 of them allocated to After Effects).. my mac is pretty new and fast enough (3,3 GHz Intel Core i7)

TIA,

Jimmy

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 20.42.17.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 20.42.48.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this visual is an art form of itself   very nice. it appears the track has shifted in one or two keyframes and this is why you see lines. this is the attach point keyframe that has shifted. you have cropped your screen so this is not so clear. but there's something you wrote that is a cause for concern:

choose to track "position" and "rotation" and then start to track my composition frame by frame repositioning manually the track points

if you do that that frame by frame you are almost guaranteed to get a jittery track. you should help the tracker do it's thing and adjust the options to make it work better for you. rarely do you have to manually adjust the track point. can we see the footage so we can give you maybe better workflow for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx for your response Roei.. those lines appear when and while i drag the track point.. I found out that this occurs when im fully zoomed in. when i zoom out (just a click before full zoom) the problem does not occur...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is very strange.

exact Ae version numbers?

Exact Os version numbers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ΑΕ v 13.0.2

OSX 10.11.6

thought of updating to AE CC 2017, so i gave it a try to see if the problem exists in that version too.. its actually there but it behaves a bit different. this time the preview screen blacks out when im fully zoomed to Track point 2.. only in track point 2, not in track point 1 and the same applies with AE 13.0.2.. Track point 1 is ok in both versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines