• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hebrew right to left problem in pages panel

Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Hebrew-English version of ID 2017 on Windows 10. Everything is setup to default to the Adobe World Ready Single Line Composer, but all other defaults are set for English and left to right text other than the styles used for Hebrew. Everything was working fine except for the pages panel.

First of all, the master pages are shown aligned in the panel right to left -- not a big deal, but a sign of something not right.

Pages show correctly, left to right, but if I try to move a page by dragging it, it won't move to the correct position. If I try to drag page 1 so it is between pages 2 & 3, it jumps back to page 1. If I try to move, say page 12 to between pages 16 and 17, it jumps to after page 17.

This seems to be some kind of right to left setting/issue, but I've checked story direction which is left to right and anything else I can think of. I even tried changing the top layer to the regular Adobe composer and it didn't matter. This is a big problem as I often need to sort large files using the page panel.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

I found it! In document setup the binding options were set to right to left. Changing that to left to right cured the problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some information to add that might help:

I opened a file (in ID 2017) that had been created in ID 2015 and the masters in page palette where correct, left to right and I had no problem dragging a page to the right position. So I'm sure it is a setting of some sort that I'm missing -- please, please help me find it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found it! In document setup the binding options were set to right to left. Changing that to left to right cured the problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines