Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing a colour 'cast' on a clip

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The movie clip I have is 40 minutes long and over 20 years old. I have converted it from a VHS tape and saved it as a mpg file and installed it onto my PC. When I play the file in VLC Media Player the first 5 minutes have a green cast.

In Premier Elements 11, I have managed to remove most of that cast by playing around with Effects | Colour | Hue, Saturation and Brightness but the first few minutes of the clip are now almost in black and white.

Due to the age of the original VHS tape and the fact that it has undergone a conversion, I am not expecting a Warner Bros performance from Premier Elements, but is it possible to remove or lessen the green cast without affecting the other colours in the first 5 minutes of the clip?

Many thanks

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always slice or split your clip into segments so that effects are applied to some segments but not others.

Although for fixing color casts, Adjustments usually work better than Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have split the first few minutes from the rest of the clip because the green cast only applies there.

I will take a look at Adjustments and post back - many thanks for your reply.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines