• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

navigating symbol timeline vs main timeline

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding that from within an html5 canvas project, once I drill into the timeline of a particular symbol, i can't easily get back to the previous timeline of the overall project. There are no tabs to switch among the various timelines of a project like there is in a as3 project.   I have to close the whole project then reopen to make it reset the view. 

Am I missing something, or this type of switching back and forth not really supported in a canvas project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

i found it. Its under Window>Edit bar

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems just the same to me. Don't you see the breadcrumb links, where at the top of the stage area is might say Scene 1  mc1  submc2, etc? Also, double clicking in an empty area will take you up one level.

Two other tricks to know about, which really helps in a Canvas FLA if you have a lot of timeline code:

The left side of the Actions panel shows all the timeline code in the FLA, in a hierarchal way. Clicking on a line will not only open that script to edit, it will navigate you to the timeline the code is part of, no matter how deeply buried it is.

The Window menu has "Duplicate Window". If you use that you end up with another file tab, and it's easy to then tunnel down into one area on one tab, and a different area on another tab. That can speed things up if you're working on something quite deeply buried and you quickly want to see the effect of the changes at the top level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coltrane03 wrote:

Am I missing something, or this type of switching back and forth not really supported in a canvas project?

You don't have this in your interface?

breadcrumbs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not. I'm quite familiar with those types of tabs when working in an as3 project, but i simply don't see them in a canvas project.     Its good to know they are available. Perhaps i need to enable the view somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't mentioned if you're using Windows or not, but if you are, can you try setting the display scaling to the default? I can't think of a reason that would only affect canvas and not AS3 FLAs, but it could be worth a try.

We all see those links perfectly in any FLA type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of what the Animate interface looks like on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i found it. Its under Window>Edit bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines