• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate (aka Flash) Freezes to a spinning wait ball

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so I have a huge body of work that I update or change every four years when the licence expires.  I was happy using Flash and now I am stuck with this horriable new version. 

I am using macS sierra Version 10.12

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3

Mac

with a AMD Radeo R9 M370X 2048 MB intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

With a dual screen

and I can do NOTHING in Animate I have the most recent version (but I cannot tell you what the version is because it is FROZEN) oh wait it just let me look it is Adobe Animate CC 2015.1 Release Build 15.1.0.210

When I open old files from my previous version of Flash it freezes and give me a spinning ball over and over.  It does not matter if I reboot and reload I always get the same result.  When I place my mouse in the workspace the workspace scrolls around randomly and if I am lucky enough to get over a symbol I want to edit I can do a quick 2X click and get it open then maybe do something simple like change the line color.  Then it goes to the spinning ball. Or I double click on the symbol and the work space scrolls down out of site.  Or maybe after about 20 minutes of waiting I can change a line color then try and bring another symbol in and it freeezes to the spinning ball again.

This is really frustrating and I use my animations on a membership site and I am losing members daily because ADOBE forced me to update.  I was happy with Flash my needs where simple just nice little line drawings with a bit of animation nothing that difficult.  NOW IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO USE EVEN WITH MY BRAND NEW $3000.00 COMPUTER.

I searched the forums and the only thing I found was to reset my preferences which I did.  This is really a disaster.

Please help

Robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're frustrated!

Animate is just a new name for Flash Professional.

You're on 15.1.0.210, the rest of us are on 16.0.0.112, I'm not sure if that would make a difference, but it could be worth you updating.

I'm using macOS 10.12.2, so I'm ahead of you, but not having any Animate problems.

Do you have any FLAs that you can put online for me to try, to see if it opens without any spinning cursor problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI yes thank you I am in a meeting this morning.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines