• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 updated to cc2015.7 and not showing in account

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought online a key for the standalone version of Lightroom (6). I bought this key at a seller at Rakuten.de. Rakuten is the japanese version of Amazon.

The key was only provided through mail, as it was for a download (ESD)

the strange thing is that as I enter the key in Lightroom CC trial-version  it doesn't devaluate to the LR6, but keeps working as a CC-version (although the trial also ended yesterday)

When I visit my account, I can't find the serial number. It is not shown.

So I uninstalled CC and downloaded the LR6.0. Before installing it asked for the serial and it did work. I also got logged in with my normal account. But after the update I didn't get LR6.7 but it changed to CC2015.7

And system-info shows me this info: Lightroom-versie: CC 2015.7 [ 1090788 ]

Licentie: Creative Cloud

Still no key in my account though. Anybody an idea what happened? Did I buy from a fishy seller?

This is the seller: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6, 1 User, Vollversion, Englisch, Windows/Mac, Download-Software, ESD | SO...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebdec1,

Since you have mentioned that you have still not received any serial number, kindly contact the re-seller about the same or you may also refer to Find your serial number.

Once you have the serial key please refer to How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, if I explained it wrong.
English is not my mother tongue.

I did receive the key from the reseller, but there are 2 odd things.

1/ I bought a key for LR6 the standalone version, but it updates to CC, so I have my doubts about the key and the seller. Can you confirm if it's normal that this happens?

2/ I expected the key to show up in my account, because I activated LR with this key, but I guess that I was mistaken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serial numbers are only for perpetual licenses, we do not need serial numbers for Creative Cloud products, hence as you own a serial key you have a Lightroom 6 perpetual license, i would recommend you to follow the steps shared in the following help document to resolve the issue: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did follow these steps, but it doesn't show the LR6 branding. It just removed the trial, but it kept on launching as a CC.

That's why I uninstalled it and tried a different way.

I donwloaded and used the installer for the standalone application. (as found here: Install Photoshop Lightroom )

After installation I let it update and now system info shows me

Lightroom-versie: CC 2015.7 [ 1090788 ]

Licentie: Creative Cloud

It's kind of confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's strange people are marking the answer as helpful, because it isn't.

I do have a key. As Bani stated keys are only for standalone application (LR6). I used the key to activate LR6. LR6 got activated but after this it is updated to LR CC. And it keeps on working as a CC application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i am Thomas from cottbus,

i have the same problem. Yesterday i bought a Full-Version LR from Rakuten. And after installing an d logging in with created Adobe ID

i tried " Aktualisierungen ". I was confused as i saw that my LR versiion turned into LR CC 2015.7.

What can i do to return it into a standalone LR 6.7 Version ?

Best regards

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas

Go to the menu: Help > Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Relaunch Lightroom and click Sign In Now

Click the button - License This Software

Enter serial number & click Next

Lightroom will launch as LR6

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom -6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it doesn't work. Still CC version.

I even tried it with another account, but it didn't help.

And it doens't show up in my account, neither can I see how long CC will be active.

I guess there has to be something fishy about the keys Rakuten is selling, because it doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key (serial number – 24 digits starting 1160)

Is that what you are using?

N.B. never give your serial number in messages on public forums. You can find it in an email (purchased download version) or inside the packaging (disk version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's the one.

After installing a SSD I even did a fresh install of W10, so I'm sure there isn't a trace of the trial version in my registry.

Is there a way to see how long the cc will run?

Meanwhile I also contacted the seller. So I'll wait for his response too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s running as a trial it will be for 7 days. Everything will continue to work after 7 days except Develop & Map modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the trial. The trial ended and it kept on running as a CC.

CC versie.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Maybe you have found the magic key!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you want to buy it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have news. I have applied today with the problem of the miraculous transformation of LR 6.0 in CC LR 2015.7 to the Adobe support. The following has been established. I have purchased a volume license of LR 6.0. On the basis of this volume license, the LR is reported as CC 2015.7. But that is only a matter of presentation. LR6.7 works with full functionality and unlimited programming. Why this peculiar identification of the version is not changed by Adobe could not tell me the support synonymous.

So far everything is in order.

greeting

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines