• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get uncommitted location data (city, location, country) ??

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I 'm trying to write a simple plugin to copy location data from reverse geocoding (city, country ...) in the keyword metadata.

The only thing that I get is empty string. In lightroom, these data are available but greyed. It seems that it is because these data are not already committed to the photo.

I have looked for this issue on the web and it seems that it is a well know bug (or not ?).

Do you know if there is a workaround to this problem or any others solution ?

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if Adobe would classify this as a "bug" -- it seems to behaving as they designed it.  But it's certainly a poor design (in the opinion of many of us): Lightroom: improve control over reverse-geocoded Location metadata | Photoshop Family Customer Commu...

My Any Tag plugin gets access to the uncommitted location fields of a photo by exporting it (at very small dimensions) and then using Exiftool to read the metadata fields.  It's not the fastest solution, but Exiftool can process about 60 photos per second on my Macbook Pro (when processing photos in batch).

I 'm trying to write a simple plugin to copy location data from reverse geocoding (city, country ...) in the keyword metadata.

You might check out the Search Replace Transfer plugin.  It copies from the location fields to keywords and vice versa.  I'm not sure if it handles uncommitted location fields, but if it doesn't, you could use Any Tag's Commit Locations command (free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, thanks for your answer,

Search Replace Transfer plugin doesn't work to commit location tag or transfer to keyword.

Your plugin Any tag works fine to commit location tag. I get the location correctly with getFormattedMetadata in my script.

Is your source code to commit location tags through exiftool is watchable ?

Thanks for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could first commit the locations with Any Tag then copy them to keywords using Search Replace Transfer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course, it works thank to Any Tag but I would like to have a all in one solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can someone send me Rob Cole's exifmeta plugin? I recently lost the drive I had it stored on and Cole's site is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search for a plugin called ANYTAG; it's slow but it works..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines