• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions - no help whatsoever

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having trouble with ADE as it would not accept downloads to my NOOK of books hat I had purchased from KOBO.  When I checked my installed programmes I found 2 versions of ADE - one version 3.00 and the other version 4.5.I uninstalled version 3 and then downloaded it again. This was the only version available from the download page. The icon did not appear on my desktop and I want it there.  Contacted Adobe support and got nowhere.  Transferred from one agent to another until I got dizzy.  No-one wanted to help, no-one answered my questions, no-one told me whether or not version 3 was the latest, or what happened to version 4.5. All of the so-called experts kept telling me that 'they were not trained in answering these questions'. So my questions are, 1) Is version 3 the latest?  How do I get the icon on my desktop?  Relatively simple questions for a customer support team - but no-one knew the  answers.  Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

My ADE is 4.5. Try searching your computer for the program; once you open it, you can right click and pin it to your taskbar.

I hope this helps as the staff at Adobe seems inept, incompetent,  and unable to answer simple questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Digital Editions​, people here will be able to assist you better with your query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone from Adobe ever respond to give help? I have been reading and posting on several other boards, and it seems like many people are having the same problem, but nobody from Adobe has ever replied.

Nook Glowlight Plus - Loan Token Update Failed.

ADE authorization not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would appear not, but they are not alone, so many so-called help 'agents' in various companies are just the same.  Even KOBO responded, but in the end I sorted it out with your help alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ADE is 4.5. Try searching your computer for the program; once you open it, you can right click and pin it to your taskbar.

I hope this helps as the staff at Adobe seems inept, incompetent,  and unable to answer simple questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Can I ask, should I uninstall both the version 3 and

version 4.5 installed on my computer before attempting another download? I

right clicked the 4,5 version that I see in 'my programmes' but the only

option it gives me is to uninstall.

I look forward to your answer - and thank you again. Alec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anxious to read the books I purchased I went to ADE and downloaded version 4.5 and the icon appeared on my desktop.

I clicked on it and it opened unlike the version 3.0 I downloaded a few days ago. I exported the books from my KOBO library to a folder, right clicked on the file and this time with 'Open with' it gave me the ADE option. The file appeared in ADE and I was able to transfer the book to my NOOK.  Thanks so much for the information - so much better than the ADE 'help line' who were next to useless. No wonder they kept referring me to the ADE forum, you were so much better than they can ever be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines