• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 a disaster.

Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated all my Adobe programs to CC 2017 except for Lightroom and now I am having trouble with several Adobe software programs, including Lightroom 2015.7 and Audition 2017. The programs crash. So, I have had enough and will not renew my subscription at the end of this year. My wife told me not to update and I did it anyway, and now the programs don't work. I will go back to Audition CS6 and Lightroom 5.7. They work perfectly and are so advanced, they meet all my needs.

John Johnson

A Disappointed Adobe User and Will Say Goodbye to Adobe CC Shortly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is 64 bit Windows 7. My subscription is active. All the Adobe programs that I use have worked fine until I updated to CC 2017. Today, I retested the Adobe programs. Photoshop CC 2017 took 10 seonds to load. That is OK. Illustrator CC 2017 took 10 seconds to load. That is OK. Audition CC 2017 took 1 minute 30 seconds to load. This is unacceptable. Lightroom CC 2015.5 took 30 seconds to load and 2 minutes before I could add contrast to a photo in the Develop window. This is unacceptable, especially since Lightroom was not updated, so something has changed in the existing version.

I am very frustrated about this. Adobe should work to insure that the plug-in paths from existing versions are not changed in new versions. I have to re-install 20 plug-ins. That is unacceptable. I may continue my subscription now that I know the two programs that are giving me trouble just require that I go get a cup of coffee while I wait for the programs to boot, but I will not update any of them for 2 years so I don't have to re-install all my plug-ins so often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Friggin Screen Name wrote:

I have to re-install 20 plug-ins. That is unacceptable.

Maybe, but that's just the nature of it. Plugin vendors need to test and update their plugins for new host app versions. This has always been the case.

Using old plugin versions in new app versions can cause all kinds of unpredictable behavior. This has been well known for years.

EDIT: that's funny. Allowed as a screen name, but verboten in text (I didn't put those asterisks there)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my mac to mac os sierra and photoshop cc2017 seems to work well, but in my windows 7 64bit computer Photoshop cc2017 does not open raw and dng files correctly. Maybe I must use another raw converter. The older Lightroom version works ok. I hope the future Lightroom cc will not have this Photoshop cc2017 problem with win7. It would be a disaster for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had the same behaviour in Adobe Photoshop CC earlier this year it would crash when I tried to open any file, it turned out to be the driver to my graphics adapter that messed things up, it hadn't been updated for quite a while, as soon as I got it updated, Photoshop has run perfectly ever since.

My problem was on a Dell Latitude laptop E6540 with Windows 10 and an AMD Radeon HD 8790M graphics adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Mac mini late 2014 model with an i7 processor - Yosemite OS - Adobe Audition CC 2015 Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt ...All Worked Great!!!...as soon as I (last night) Upgraded to Sierra installed Adobe 2017 and installed software for Apollo Audio Interface....After creating and saving a mix session -my mixing sessions will not open...my Mac freezes and is alot slower. Any advice on this issue...already uninstalled and reinstalled audition. I hope Adobe is ready to pay for equipment if it results damaged from such crappy software.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you are part of the minority that has a problem with the latest CC update, like me. I went back to Audition CS6 after uninstalling all the CC software and cancelling my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated all my Adobe programs to CC 2017 except for Lightroom and now I am having trouble with several Adobe software programs, including Lightroom 2015.7 and Audition 2017. The programs crash. So, I have had enough and will not renew my subscription at the end of this year. My wife told me not to update and I did it anyway, and now the programs don't work. I will go back to Audition CS6 and Lightroom 5.7. They work perfectly and are so advanced, they meet all my needs.

John Johnson

A Disappointed Adobe User and Will Say Goodbye to Adobe CC Shortly

So, maybe the problem is on your computer? Drivers? Windows update? The great majority has no problems whatsoever with the new updates of CC (myself included with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Lightroom, Indesign), but you have a problem a and jump right away to the conclusion that it's all a disaster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the latest drivers and Windows updates. My computer is not the problem. It's the Adobe CC software. I have gone back to CS6 for Photoshop and Illustrator, and version 5.7.1 for Lightroom. All is well now, including all plugins. Adobe needs to keep the path to plugins constant so that plugins don't need to keep being re-installed with each CC update. By "majority" you imply that a minority has problems. I guess I am part of the minority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the latest drivers and Windows updates. My computer is not the problem. It's the Adobe CC software. I have gone back to CS6 for Photoshop and Illustrator, and version 5.7.1 for Lightroom. All is well now, including all plugins. Adobe needs to keep the path to plugins constant so that plugins don't need to keep being re-installed with each CC update. By "majority" you imply that a minority has problems. I guess I am part of the minority.

I'm just saying that you are jumping into the conclusion that it's the CC app's without any shred of evidence. Just the fact that you updated them and something broke, doesn't mean the fault is on the CC apps. Maybe the recent CC apps need something that you computer isn't delivering. If the problem was that big to be a disaster, lots of users would be complaining... A lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it is just the minority who are having a problem. Anyway, all is working perfectly using the CS6 software. I'm done with CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really...I had a superb set up running on Yosemite and Adobe 2015 until the updates with Sierra and Adobe 2017.. so now I'm paying Adobe a membership that provides me with glitches and issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is why I cancelled my CC subscription. Too many glitches. Bad software for an expensive price. That is not a combination I wanted to continue. If you have the CS6 discs for the programs you use, I suggests you cancel your CC subscription too and just go back to CS6. They work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I upgraded my Surface Pro 4 with 64-bit Windows 10, and have had no issues at all. In fact, some issues were fixed finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really jacks me up!

Way back in the 80's I was able to use the first version of adobe Illustrator.  It was very basic, but I loved it.  I have been using ever since.

My 2017 Illustrator is working OK  so far, but I am really pissed that I can't make a transparent background anymore!

It seems to me that they must have a completion to see who can screw it all up first.

Maybe disgruntle software engineers are trying to sabotage Adobe from the inside?

I will be cancelling my subscription too!

Kelley Sands - Professional Graphic  Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the entire CC software experience has been terrible. That is why I went back to my CS6 versions of all the Adobe products that I have. They work perfectly! They do everything I want to do with my images and audio files. No more $600/year for software that has problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the title, it is a disaster, but for me the software works ok, but so many things have been changed in the way it works, for instance with how layers display and how to copy and paste and delete selections, that i need to relearn a program i could do magic with, since i work with the program for such a long time, and i was very used to the way it worked, now i'm constantly cursing the programs cause they do things i don't want.
So i will be going back to my old versions too, Updates to take out bugs are fine, or add new functionality, but completely changing the way the software works is a no no for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing so much the way the software works is one of the biggest problems that Adobe creates. They put things in a different menu and you have to relearn to use the program. That is one of the reasons I cancelled my subscription. The CS6 series gives me 99% of what I need and having the additional 1% in the CC series is just not worth the money because the new versions are so difficult to relearn and there are glitches that cause a nightmare. That, plus having to reinstall all my plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it hampers production a lot, with updates like this, i'm having to put in hours to learn how Abobe have changed the way the program works, but in the end you can't do anything really new aside from some new functions that are usually nice for people who want to edit a photograph quickly, not professionals, to illustrate, i make textures for games, they need to be perfectly seamless, there is no program in the entire world that can make textures seamleass like i do by hand, all the automatic routines to make textures seamless have their visual problems, so they built in a function in 2015 cc that you can crop a photograph, and even crop it bigger so Photoshop fills in what is missing, they simply cut chunks of a similar looking piece and paste that three or more times in the missing part creating a lot of repetative patterns in the photograph/texture , it's absolutely unusable for professional work, but it's nice for amateurs, so i don't need that funtionality.

It's obvious that all company's are changing their programs for the big masses, so they can make more profit from it, there is nothing wrong with making profit, but i just wish they'd make 2 different versions then, one for amateurs and one for professionals.
Before the CC versions they where doing that imo, now they mix all stuff up in one big application, i don't like that at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one Lightroom installer. There is only one Lightroom program. The only difference comes with how you activate the program. If you activate with serial number having purchased the latest version then the program does not have the new features that have been added since the version was released.  If you activate through the creative cloud then you get some extra features and functions. But the program is precisely the same program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what you're trying to say here, i'm aware of that..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you complain about  everything being in "one big application". There is only one Lightroom application. There has only ever been one application. Personally, I think a lot of the problems today are caused by people assuming things that they don't understand. And when they get down the road from little too far and run into problems they turn around and blame everything on Adobe. That's just my opinion, and I'm probably wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably are, cause i wasn't talking about Lightroom or any program in particulair (aside from one example in Photoshop to illustrate what i was saying), but about changes made in the way the software works on every major update, and the way things worked before was often much more intuitive. and that a whole lot of semi professional functions find their way into the newer iterations of their programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who needs lightroom anyway ? I have been using Iridient for some time now. So much better than Lightroom. Their customer service is a breath of fresh air. Bye bye lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines