• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My flip horizontal is moving the entire frame not just the image. HELP

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My flip horizontal is moving the entire frame that is housing the image. It flips the while box to the left. It used to just flip the image inside of the box, but doesn't anymore. Im working in InDesign CC

This is the document in question, i want to flip the image to show the garage roller door to the opposite side.

asfasf.JPG

this is what happens when i use the flip horizontal tool in both the tool bar and by right click options.

afafd.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Frame or content selected: make sure you have the middle reference point selected in the proxy in the the Control panel before you click the Flip button (top left corner):

InDesign CCss_043.png

InDesign CCss_044.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the frame selected, not the picture. To select the picture, either (1) click the picture with the Direct Selection (white arrow) tool, or (2) click the "donut hole" which is officially called the Content Grabber. Then do the transformation.

When you switch to the picture, the selection color is inverted (probably will turn brown).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve, I should have mentioned that I've tried that and it doesn't change a thing.

adfgsdfg.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame or content selected: make sure you have the middle reference point selected in the proxy in the the Control panel before you click the Flip button (top left corner):

InDesign CCss_043.png

InDesign CCss_044.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome! It's always the little things!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb, that its perfect. I knew i would have accidentally clicked something. 16 years using this program and im still learning new stuff all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow this helped me in 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this helped in me in 2024. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines