• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace With After Effects comp causing speed changes to the top layer?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with Premiere Pro and Creating linked After Effects comps.

I am trying to motion track a plate shot into a shot with green screen and AE is not being nice. I was on chat support with Adobe in India and they are clueless! They dont even understand what it is I am trying to do.

In Premiere I have 2 layers. 1st layer has the scene with green that I want to track & comp a plate into. The first several comps I need to do have the plate playing at 25% speed Nested and looped. And then some of the others have the Plate layer at 1500% spedup, looped and nested. When I select the the Green Screen layer  and plate nest and select replace with after effects composition it speeds up the  1st layer.

Is there a workflow thing I am missing here? I prefer to edit the layer content in Premiere for timing then bring in the layers to AE. I suppose the problem lays in my nested speed changed plates. 

I thought nesting would have worked but it didnt? Do i need to export the plate loops and reimport as new clips?

any help would be great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose the problem lays in my nested speed changed plates.

Yes, exactly. Render them out if you really must. From an AE perspective your workflow doesn't make much sense. Why would you even degenerate quality already by applying some sort of timewarp when you intend to replace something? Other than providing a timing refeence, you wouldn't do that and work on the native clips with AE's own time warping tools.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi richardp,

Did you solve your issue? Did Mylenium's advice assist you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines