• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivation Error on Mac but no Adobe Digital Editions listed in library/

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions has worked like a dream forever on my MAC until today and now it seems like everything creates an error.

This morning when downloading a book from the library I got the following error message:

IO Error on Network Request.

So naturally I contact overdrive as I thought it was an error on the specific book. They asked me to repair user permissions, uninstall adobe digital, restart computer and then reinstall.

So I do all this and next thing you know I get the following error message:

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

So then I look at this forum see that I should deauthorize my account and then reauthorize. Perfect. So then I try to deauthorize and I get the following message: Unable to Erase Authorization.

So I find some advice on here to go into /library/application support/adobe/adobe digital editions. However, I don't have adobe digital editions listed here I have only:  /library/application support/adobe/flash player install manager

So I am about ready to chuck my computer out the window and if there was any other option Adobe Digital Editions would be history, however I try Adobe live chat, and they are so unhelpful I can't believe it. All they could say is my only option was to read what was offered here which I told them was great but I didn't have the folder/files I was supposed to delete, to which they could only say they can't help me.

I have found lots of suggestions to fix the deauthorization error but they all include a folder I don't seem to have.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone had or seen this same problem? Is there anywhere else I can look for this file?

I would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Close the Registry Editor.

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Macintosh:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines