• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid document type error

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Yesterday i worked on a file, all was fine, just re-opening today and the same issue as the screenshot on the top. I don´t use any special characters in the file name or the system folders, the other files open fine, i tried copying to Desktop but no luck. I use XD 0.6.2.7. Beta on OS El Capitan.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey alada99-

Can you please send me a link to your file? We'd love to try to reproduce it on our side. Feel free to private message me.

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We encountered a similar problem, just with one file which we saved this morning and since then we can't open. Can I somehow submit the file to be checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dudi einey,

Feel free to send me the file. tan@adobe.com

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dudie77 I have PM'd you my email address to send the file to. Could you also answer the questions Mihnea posted above, to help us diagnose the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, alada99 -

I've received your file and have filed an issue to have one of our developers look at your file. Thanks for getting the file to us!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have some questions that may be helpful for us to further understand the problem.

1. Is this the only file for which you have issues?

2. While saving the file, did you notice something unusual while saving?

3. Was the saving operation interrupted by an event like the laptop entering in sleep mode or shutting down?

4. Was the file saved in a location similar to other files that are saved properly? Was it saved in a special location, like a network drive?

Thank you,

Mihnea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mihnea,

thanks for your feedback. Here are my answers:

1. Yes it has been the only file with issues for now.

2. There was nothing unusual while saving.

3. There was no interruption while saving.

4. Indeed the file was first saved on an USB stick (not un purpose.. i just thought it was saving it to a local folder). I can´t remember if i did save it locally as well or if i just copied the USB-version over and then it did not work anymore to open the file.

I hope this helps. I have already re-created my app design so no worries if you can´t recover the file (would still be great though!). I hope you can figure out the issue.

Thanks a lot!
Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Mike-

It looks like Mihnea's team was able to partially recover the assets from the file, but not the file itself. Let me know if you want what they recovered, but it sounds like you've already redone your design and moved on. Thanks a ton for letting us get access to your file, as it's another data point to helping us understand what's going on.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elain, many thanks for the update!

It would still be great to see what you have recovered, there are a few details i would like to compare. If possible.

Thanks and regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds great! I'll shoot you a link via PM.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines