• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Import Hand Drawn Mouths for Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time here so sorry if I've put this question in the wrong place or anything thing else that I've done and shouldn't have.

But I am trying to import hand drawn mouths into character animator for my hand drawn character. I saw this YouTube tutorial by Okay Samurai's Shmarflop (click ahead to 20 minutes in!) Character Animator Live - Episode 2: Walking Seth & Shmarflop - YouTube.

He creates the mouths and somehow creates separate mouth layers for the different mouth sounds.

Anyone know how this is done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Hey Zara - all I did was draw the mouths, snap a picture, and isolate them up in Photoshop using the lasso and magic wand tools to remove the white paper around them. Then if you put them in a mouth folder and name them correctly, they should work!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Character Animator​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..

Try this link to a great video: Making Your First Character (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Click on the link you'll see below and down load Wilks Zip File,.. Wilk is the Puppet he creates Unzip and select the appropriate file, psd, or Ai.

I use Photoshop.

In Photoshop, open your character and Wilk, then go to Windows>Arrange and Float All In Windows. Select Wilk and look for the Mouth Group. Click and drag this over to the Photoshop Window that has your character open and let go. This will place a copy of the Mouth Group, with all the lovely mouth parts, into your character file. You will have to move this group into the correct place, but that's not a problem.

Now watch the video and have fun!

All the best and look forward to seeing the results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although it wasn't exactly what I wanted, thanks

It was still helpful and useful to me

Thank you for contributing

Zara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Zara - all I did was draw the mouths, snap a picture, and isolate them up in Photoshop using the lasso and magic wand tools to remove the white paper around them. Then if you put them in a mouth folder and name them correctly, they should work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... I read this wrong.. sorry Zara!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Oksamurai,

I appreciate you replying personally to me! This is exactly what I needed.

Zara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines