• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brightness & Contrast CC VS Brightness & Contrast CS6

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, I'm having an issue which I cannot solve.

First, let me just say that I'm AE Template creator and I need to have at least CS6 version ready for customers.

I'm currently working on AE CC 2017 and I finished the project and while downgrading to CS6 I noticed an issue. On few layers I have Brightness & Contrast effect which has been changed in CC version of After Effects, and when opening the project in CS6, this layer looks completely different, because Brightness & Contrast has completely different behaviour in CS6 VS CC. I tried to match it with other effects like levels and exposure, but nothing works. (My first thought is that marking legacy will somehow solve the problem, but it doesn't)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Don't use the effect in the first place? I haven't used it a single time in over 15 years of AE usage nor do I ever use it in Photoshop - it's a surefire way to "crappify" your images. Seriously, learn to do your adjustments with levels, curves etc.. That aside you won't be sble to mimic the behavior of C&B with a single effect. You will need a stack of multiple effects to e.g. Define the Gamma threshold used for the calculations, which again comes back to using levels and other channel effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the effect in the first place? I haven't used it a single time in over 15 years of AE usage nor do I ever use it in Photoshop - it's a surefire way to "crappify" your images. Seriously, learn to do your adjustments with levels, curves etc.. That aside you won't be sble to mimic the behavior of C&B with a single effect. You will need a stack of multiple effects to e.g. Define the Gamma threshold used for the calculations, which again comes back to using levels and other channel effects as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your help. I almost never, ever use Brightness & Contrast, I always use levels for adjustments. In this specific case, I needed this one, and now I just cannot achieve same look with levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you upload a reduced project file isolating this issue so I may test it in my system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again guys, I've managed (after 2-3 hours ) to achieve same look with curves. Lesson learned: Never use brightness & contrast ever again

Thank you guys a lot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines