• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Down Menu problem!

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble with all drop down menus in InDesign. When I click on the down arrow, all choices in the drop down flash quickly but then disappear before I can select one. Why are my drop down menus doing this and how can I fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

In the meantime try trashing your InDesign preferences:

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow).

You may have to do it a couple of times before you get the hang of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 7 Professional and just downloaded the InDesign 2017.0 release. Note that I was having the problem before I upgraded to 2017 - had hoped it would solve the problem, but no luck. I have trashed my Preferences several times. I know they have been trashed because my rulers were in inches and they are now using points. Tried to change it back to inches, but that is a drop down menu and those don't work!

I appreciate your help . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem with the menus consistent or occasional?

Most of the times I have seen it happen to me or to students, it has been because something such as a book is on the Escape key, or — more recently — the track pad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines