Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign layers palette not working

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running cc 2015.4 on Mac OS 10.10.3

I have many problems since this upgrade, including intermittent crashes and redraw problems.

Today, the layers palette won't work.  It's there, but empty.  I've restarted, relaunched, trashed preferences, restarted, relaunched, turned off GPU Performance, tried different documents... nothing works.  That layers palette will not show the layers.  It says at the bottom of the palette that they are there, but they don't show.  Other palettes seem to be working.

Adobe is KILLING me with these problems.  Lost productivity is going to cost me clients now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Incorrectly drawing panels is usually fixed by restoring InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrectly drawing panels is usually fixed by restoring InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, but it did not fix it.  So strange, that it's just the one palette.

Also, the keyboard command for replacing preferences did not work... nothing happened, whereas manual replace reverted the program to factory settings.  Even with those factory settings the Layers palette doesn't work.   I'll try again tomorrow and see if my computer just needs to think this over some more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to get the keyboard command of reset preferences to work today... You really have to have your fingers on the commands when you launch InDesign.  And HOORAY! Its fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines