• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenEXR layers masking proble

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i add EXR layer with only R G B assigned(not A) in EXtracoR masking works like on any other format layer. But same layer R G B A assigned masking dose not work at all, I can only see masking shape. So, how do i mask EXR layers which are R G B A assigned in EXtracoR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects operate after masks. That's a limitation in AE's render pipeline. Pre-compose the sequence to apply masking.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium for your quick reply.

Yes, i am working with the workaround of pre-compose layer.

I am aware that Effects on mask layer. But what made me confuse is, mask works fine when RGB assigned but, not when RGBA assigned.

I wish there could have been option of, mask layered with effects. like we can change the order in which effects are applied. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's nothing confusing. Effects can modify any pixel value, including overwriting existing transparencies, regardless how they were created.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines