• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

synchronization collection on two desktops

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to synchronize the collection on two desktops?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is designed as a single-user, single-computer program.

To get Lightroom to share a catalog on multiple computers takes some trickery.

The easiest (not prettiest) solution is to put the catalog and images on an external hard drive and move the drive from computer to computer as needed.

Otherwise, you need to sync the catalog and images between the two computers. You could use a network drive to transfer the files from one computer to another, but you cannot use the catalog ON the network drive. Some folks get services like Dropbox.com to work for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if the two computers are different OS then the Catalog would have problems with its internal paths to the images. You would need to locate missing pictures when switching from MacOS to Windows and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I plan to sync edited photos / collection on two computers on windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synchronization function is not lightroom cc 2015? What function then performs a help / synced on the web? Sync lightroom mobile can not sync with desktop? Where can I read more about the new version of synchronization in lightroom cc 2015 in Russian? One subscription covers two installed versions lightroom cc 2015? Synchronizing collections is very important for me and it will be a key factor in the decision to purchase an annual subscription. Regards, Daniil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom sync is about one desktop catalog sending data to and from many mobile devices and the Adobe web servers.

There is no built-in sync for multiple desktop computers.

One subscription allows for two active installs.

The easiest (not prettiest) method of using the same catalog on multiple computers is to put the catalog and images on an external drive and move the drive from computer to computer as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I put the directory on network drive or an external drive, I'll have a full set of photos on two computers. I need to sync only certain collections. I exported selected collection as a catalog to an external drive (with checked "export negative files") and then on the second computer has made imports from another catalog. In this case, changing the collection on the first computer I have to repeat all the operations again - this is the first problem. And the second - when you change the collection on the second computer, I can not make changes automatically. The only way that I have found - this copy xml files in the directories with the originals and add these photos to the collection manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use an external drive, you just put the images and catalog on the external drive, then use them on the external drive. No need to copy them to the computer.

If you want to use a network drive, you can put the images there and let the two computers point to the network drive. The catch is that the catalog needs to be on a local drive (internal or external).

You could export the changes as a catalog, then import the catalog on the other computer. However, just copying the catalog from one computer to the other -- or use an external drive -- would probably be easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, apparently I'm not clear explain. I do not need to synchronize the entire catalog, with all fotografiyamiyu 1) On the first computer are all my pictures 2) lightroom I created a collection consisting of photos from different folders 3) on the second computer has only a few copies of the folder with the photos that I work with at the moment 4) I exported the collection as a catalog on a second computer 5) Now, I want to synchronize only those collections

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a simple "export as catalog" and "import from catalog" should work for you. Give the following a try.

On Computer A:

Open the master catalog.

select the images you want to work with on computer B.

Export as catalog (with or without the files as you need) named "small" or the like.

copy the "small" catalog to computer B.

On computer B:

Open the exported catalog "small".

Edit your images.

Exit Lightroom.

Copy the "small" catalog back to computer A, without the image files.

On computer A:

Open the master catalog.

Import from catalog "small".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you for your ideas
I combined them somewhat.
1) I made copies of the photos and exported my collections as catalogs on two computers in the same directory
2) Create a new catalog in the lightroom on both computers and imported files and directories with paragraph 1
3) place the new cattalog in the dropbox

I think it's the solution to my problem. How  to extend its?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not fully understanding what you did.

We may need to step back and better explain what is you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I exported collection with negative files as catalog to computer A ('D:\My_photo')

2) Copied this files to computer B ('D:\My_photo')

3) Created a new lightroom catalog on both computers

4) Imported this files to new catalog and put them to dropbox folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, the phrase How to extend its? It did not apply to what is written above. I would like to say that I have a new problem. My trial subscription has ended much earlier than one month. How can I extend the term?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines