• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a blog on Adobe

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to the Adobe forum. When I look at my profile it says, "this user does not have a blog." How do I go about creating a blog on the Adobe site?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, the blog module isn't active, but also can't be hidden in the software that runs the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon Fritz II wrote:

From what I understand, the blog module isn't active, but also can't be hidden in the software that runs the forum.

A simply CSS declaration of display: none on the correct ID would hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That it would...

.j-profile-latest-blog { display:none; }

I wonder if anyone at Adobe has the access to change that, or if they'd have to open a support ticket with Jive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask @MadisonLeupp.  She's the main point person who gets to deal with all things JIVE related.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore it.  It's meaningless.

Use Blogger or WordPress to create your own personal blog.

Then in Edit Communities Profile, you have room for 2 URLS.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy & John. Looks like this is an idea that has not yet come to fruition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I have my own Wordpress blog I just add my specific blog page URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Profile, yes.

If you attach it to every one of your posts however, it will likely be viewed as spam and removed by a moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also unable to blog post on Adobe but like You, I am also added the URL of my own blogger site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That function has not been activated in the forum software. As far as I know, there is no plan to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested as well.  I have a blog on my site Lost Empire Herbs but would like to add an off-site blog to another platform. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add URLs to your profile that others can see, however the blog module is not active.

There is no plan on Adobe's part to activate it.

It's likely, at some point when a laundry list of other issues has been taken care of, they'll just have the third party forum software folks (Jive) hide the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah well I really want to make a blog site in muse to try out using the new software, because it will also have static elements and seems like more control. I can’t help but to think this is not my option with no Seo and having another site just for the blog aspect to connect. So do I punk out and use a blog site, maybe work out in old school dream weaver or suck it up and try to bend muse to my will, ahah.\Your site was very helpful, I kept looking but could not see a direct answer to the blog aspect of Muse in detail. Back to the drawing board, I think it will to be too many blog entries to make each its own page, as I plan this to be longer term and extensive. Come on adobe, you couldn’t wow me with a special widget for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how much you can really do with Muse, I don't use that program and in the past, it was pretty limited.

It might be best to ask what, if anything, is available for creating blogs using Muse over in the Muse Forum Help with using Adobe Muse CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blogs are database driven so users can readily search your archives.  I know for certain that MUSE does not support server-side programming and databases.  MU is fine for ease of use and simple static web sites.  But it's not powerful enough to run a blog.

Adobe Business Catalyst has a blog module (includes hosting).

Blogger

WordPress

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume no one at Jive knows how to change it anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi It works fine except it gets rid of the footer I have on my master. I just do it for gari-pk but i'm using our tumblr as a news feed that we can update from our mobiles etc. Any ideas? The rest of the master page (logos, fb feed twitter feed etc) are all there but everything thats in the footer disappears when I preview it. Can u help as it's all there in the design window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really has nothing to do with the original post.

If this isn't some kind of backlink spam post, please start a new discussion in the appropriate forum for whichever Adobe software you are using: https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jaheen100 wrote:

...the footer disappears when I preview it. Can u help as it's all there in the design window.

jaheen100​

You have posted in the non-tech supported Lounge area.

AdobeLounge-screenshot-newbies.png

Your question belongs in the product forums (i.e. Dreamweaver or Muse).

Which product do you use?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make a blog for my website  [Link removed by moderator.]

I'll share all of my illustrated design there on my blog. please share advice on how can I make a blog at blogs.adobe.com

John Thombson, Sales Manager packagingbee.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"how can I make a blog at blogs.adobe.com?"

You can't.  That's for approved Adobe employee use only.   Create your own blog account at Blogger.com or WordPress.com.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/

They both are approved, employee?

John Thombson, Sales Manager packagingbee.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe employees.  Although John Nack might be retired now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines