• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding color to greyscale images

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like an idiot that I can't do this.

Ever since I got the Creative Cloud version of Indesign I can't add color to a placed greyscale image. On earlier versions I could place a greyscale tif, use the Direct Selection Tool, then choose a swatch and it would be that color. Now nothing I do works. Can anyone enlighten me?

TIA,

Sheila

P.S. I apologize if this has been answered previously...all searches I've done brought up answers for earlier versions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

You can still do that - I did it on a project just the other day, but I use greyscale Jpegs, you could try that file format?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still do that - I did it on a project just the other day, but I use greyscale Jpegs, you could try that file format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I KNEW it would be an easy answer. Ugh. THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sheila,

you still can work with grayscale tif images and color them. At least you should be able to…
I tested this with a sample tif graphic and InDesign CC 2017.

Don't know, if that matters:
Recently—around June 2016—with CC 2015.4 there was a bug with bitmap (not grayscale) images with version 11.4.0.90 that was later fixed where the color was not visible. That bug was fixed in August with the release of InDesign CC 2015.4 v11.4.1.102.

So what is the exact version of InDesign you are seeing this issue? What is your OS version?

To get that information go to "About InDesign" while holding the cmd key when on Mac OSX.

Or simply run that ExtendScript / JavaScript script snippet:

alert( "InDesign-Version: "+app.version );

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines