• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, I need assistance!

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help/instructions with reducing a large pdf down to something smaller.  I have a document that is 8,912 KB and need to reduce it to 2,161 KB or smaller.  The options for optimizing the document are not working.  However, I know it can be done as someone from another office sent me the document reduced to the size I need.  I am trying to learn how to do it so I can show others in my office how to do this as well (we e-file documents a lot with the state courts and appellate courts).  Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  As I said before, the "optimize" features do not reduce near enough.  I have tried printing the document to Adobe PDF and then "optimize" it, however that still does not work.  Getting very frustrated and eye twitchy as I have spent the last hour and a half trying to figure this out.  Your help is greatly appreciated!!

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the smart guy that did this show you how? If so, go and see what they do, and what version of which software they used. Changes from version to version, not always for the best.

Otherwise, you can try some detective work. Use the Audit Space function from the PDF optimizer on the 8M and the 2M file. Let us know what you see. Also look under File > Properties and see if "Creator" or "Producer" has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that you cannot legislate the size of a PDF file. How much a file can be reduced in size, if at all, depends upon the content (text and vector graphics typically can't be significantly reduced in size) and the degree to which you are willing to lose quality (such as with raster graphics - lower resolution and lossier compression can cut PDF file size but the results may be effectively unusable).

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is some very valuable information that Dov Isaacs provided a few months ago in regards to one of the many questions regarding reducing the size of a PDF file: How to reduce the size of PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines