Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Word

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
After my new installation of Adobe Acrobat DC two hours before and first start to Export a PDF text () to Word, I got the following result

Is there a problem with the language, with OCR or something else ?  Is there a problem with the installation of Adobe Acrobat DC ?

BR

Gerd

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create the PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting Acrobat DC,  open the pdf-file, choosing the working-tool  "Exportieren- Arbeitsblatt - Excel" and saving the new file on the  origin folder. I have not changed any options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting Acrobat DC,  open the pdf-file, choosing the working-tool "Exportieren- Arbeitsblatt - Excel" and saving the new file on the origin folder. I have not changed any options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you CREATE the PDF file? Or was it created by an unknown method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not only with word, but also with export to Ecxel. The pfd file  is original from the Postbank.  I have tested also other pdf files and some are working an some have the same problem with exporting the data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have told us again how you export the PDF file. Thank you but we did not ask that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Postbank is a bank I suppose. So you don't make the file, which was the important question. Maybe it is OCR. Are you able to select text? Do you select a language for export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is a download file and yes it is possibel to select the text (Arial) .

And these are the selections after choosing the export.:

And after the export:

I habe tested with selecting "German", but the result is the same. Are there any other possibilties for a language selection ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• open the bank account statement in Adobe Acrobat Pro
  • with the Preflight Tool embed the fonts
  • export the file to Excel or Word

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preflight tool ?   Can you help to find ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Tools search for preflight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip.  Now I know there are the missing font-types Arial and perhaps also other fonts.  Has the distiller the job control about the export function (pdf to excel) or only for creating pdf-files (for example excel to pfd) ? How can I correct the font problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Distiller converts PostScript to PDF, nothing else.

The problem can be the export function of Acrobat or the software (not Acrobat) which the bank uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But with the preflight and the pdf correction " imbedding fonts", you can get an correct pdf file for the export.  So, the question is now, how can I use this possibilty as a standard for all files to use it frequently with any exporting jobs ?  Or is this the only way(step by step)  to correct the pdf file everytime exporting any files ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Action Wizard you can combine the steps in one action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gerdj51384512 wrote:

Hello
After my new installation of Adobe Acrobat DC two hours before and first start to Export a PDF text () to Word, I got the following result

Is there a problem with the language, with OCR or something else ? Is there a problem with the installation of Adobe Acrobat DC ?

BR

Gerd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ Mod: Self-promoting link removed - see here for more information: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7044#jive_content_id_Selfpromotion__Third_Party_services_addendum_... ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converting from PDF to Word, Excel or any other format is one of the most complex things you can try to do with a PDF file. It works very well in some cases, in other cases the output has very little to do with the original file - your's seems to fall closer to that end. The key for success in regards to the layout is that the PDF file needs to be "tagged" - which means that it contains information about the information that is displayed in the file. The best way to make sure that a PDF file is tagged correctly is by using the PDFMaker in Acrobat to create the PDF file from Word or Excel (that's the Acrobat ribbon or toolbar). When you run into problems with characters that are completely off, you are very likely dealign with a font problem - specifically a problem with the ToUnicode table that is used by Acrobat to convert from "glyphs" (these are the "drawings" of characters) to one or more characters. If that table is missing or corrupt, you end up with what you see in some parts of your document.

There are two things you can do - but only one may give you better results:

The first thing you can do is complain to the original author of the file and tell them that they used a bad PDF generator to create the PDF file.

The second thing is a bit more involved: Save your PDF file to e.g. 600dpi TIFF images, and then re-import these TIFF images into Acrobat (which will convert them to PDF). Now run OCR and export to Excel or Word again. This may give you better results, but the formatting may be off.

BTW: I grew up in Memmingen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the tip.  I agree with you, that the first option (complaining the author) will not be successfull. The second methode is simpel but has a little disadvantage. Every page of the pdf document results in a seperat TIFF document.  So I am still convinced that adobe must have the possibilty for presetting the fonts. I am looking foward to find this option 🙂

(Greetings from Vöhringen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines