Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message when playing project

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Brand new to this forum and since updating to cc 2017 the other day, I can't play this project fully without getting this error messaged. It forces me to save and quit. Any ideas from this error message? As you can see, I'm not far a long with this project at all.

Thanks!

AE error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

I inserted the same file into premiere and it gave me the same warning.

that could be it. it's definitely something with the file. where is it from? can you get another version of it? can you play it in a video player (like VLC player) all the way through without a problem? if you can, then you can re-convert your file through the VLC player.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears that there is a problems with a cached file (stored in memory) of one of your video files.

try this:

go to preferences-> media and disk cache and clear this:

you can also empty the disk cache while you're at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all of that and it's still crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if it the .mov I'm using? I inserted the same file into premiere and it gave me the same warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inserted the same file into premiere and it gave me the same warning.

that could be it. it's definitely something with the file. where is it from? can you get another version of it? can you play it in a video player (like VLC player) all the way through without a problem? if you can, then you can re-convert your file through the VLC player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the file. Just threw me for loop since I had just upgraded to cc2017 minutes before using this file. I'd never had an error like that before. Funny it had to be the one after an upgrade. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for sharing what was the problem eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines