• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need a PRO for an odd problem with LR 5.3 on a Win 8 computer

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I've been at this problem for a week plus with a couple of LR "Gurus," to no avail, so here we go again.

A week or so ago, i went to export my files,and I received this message:  "The Lightroom Catalog named, "Lightroom 5," Catalog" cannot be opened because another application already has it opened.  Quit the other copy of Lightroom before trying to launch."

Below that paragraph, is a box with three options, ""Chose a different catalog"  "Continue"  & "Exit"

The past people told me to use Windows Explorer to locate locate a file named "LOCK"...well, it doesn't exist.

Any takers?

THANKS!

Ralph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Hi Ralph,

See the screenshot below.

lockfile.png

If you don't see file extensions, go to Tools > Folder options in Windows Explorer, and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

If you do a search, search for ".lock" (without the quotes). This will find files with the .lock extension.

hide-extensions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your operating system's search feature to find all files whose name ends with .LOCK, you didn't find it because you were looking in the wrong folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.Lock is the extension for the file. It's in the same folder with your catalog, and has the same name as your catalog (but with the different extension). If you aren't able to see file extensions then you need to modify your folder options so that you can see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ralph,

See the screenshot below.

lockfile.png

If you don't see file extensions, go to Tools > Folder options in Windows Explorer, and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.

If you do a search, search for ".lock" (without the quotes). This will find files with the .lock extension.

hide-extensions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines