Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate HTML Canvas Custom Components

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how to create custom components and I've found the following resources:
https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/custom-html5-component-development.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/creating-custom-components--examples.html

Code snippets for custom components

Components in Animate

While there are a handful of nice examples, I'm having a little bit of difficulty wrapping my head around how to work with the 'anwidget.js' in writing the 'components.js' source file. Are there other resources available that can explain this process a bit more clearly for somebody that is new to working with custom component creation?  Thanks.

S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

I'd be thrilled with a DIV component that accepted freeform HTML content. The big advantage of these components vs the homegrown overlay solutions we've had to use so far is that they're timeline-aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answers to your questions, I haven't looked into it. But, could you say what sort of widget you would make? It's possible the team is already making more widgets, and if they happen to be doing something like what you want, that would save you time. And we all would get to use it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be thrilled with a DIV component that accepted freeform HTML content. The big advantage of these components vs the homegrown overlay solutions we've had to use so far is that they're timeline-aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know a lot more about this than I do, but I was reading up on something sort of related. Can you not set the innerHTML of any widget DIV, to get what you're suggesting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a hack. The whole point of HTML components is to NOT have to rely on hacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How would I write a component that modifies Canvas objects like for example adding a mouse over, do I need to somehow pass references into my component?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines