Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop edits to PSD show in Lightroom but not online

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a load of images in a collection which is synced.

I've made basic edits to a file in Lightroom, then edited it in Photoshop.  When I save, the changes are reflected in Lightroom and a second file appears online.  However the second file does not reflect the edits and just appears to be a copy of the original DNG with the Lightroom adjustments.

I've tried un-syncing then re-syncing but nothing changes.  I've also tried deleting and rebuilding the previews but this doesn't help either.  Interestingly at no point did I notice Lightroom attempt to re-sync the file.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Lightroom Version 2015.7

Photoshop Version 2017.0.0

Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does sound really odd. My first thought was to un-sync and re-sync but you did that already. Maybe create a new collection for just the Photoshop edits. Move those files to the new collection, and then sync it.

The only other thought is that maybe the metadata for the edited file isn't synced with Lightroom. The image would have an icon in the upper right with an exclamation mark. I doubt this is the problem though, because you said that the edits show up in Lightroom, just not the synced version online.

I haven't tried syncing any Photoshop files yet. I'll have to give it a try and see if it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa

I did try a separate collection but that didn't help and metadata is all up to date, as you mention this is partly confirmed buy the correct preview in Lightroom.

I did try removing it from the stack too but still no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another idea. It's just a guess. Log into your LR Mobile account through a browser. The easiest way to do this is through adobe.com. Go there first. Make sure you are logged into your account, then click on the LR icon in the panel on the left. Now find the images that won't preview correctly, and delete them. Hopefully this will force Lightroom to re-sync the images, and create a new preview.

I'm thinking that the edit tiff gets created immediately when you go from LR to PS. If you are starting from a synced collection, the edit file is also immediately synced. LR Mobile may be having a hard time syncing the PS edits because they are made in PS not LR. Like I said it's just a guess though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I gave this a try and it did work.  I deleted the photo online and then put it back in the synced collection in Lightroom and when it appeared online it was showing the updated PSD.

I then tried making an obvious edit (changed to B&W) to the PSD in Photoshop and when it finished saving the preview in Lightroom updated, and then it started re-syncing, however the online file remained the same.  Converting the file to B&W in Lightroom also triggers a re-sync which reflected online.

So it looks like Lightroom is trying to sync the changes made in Photoshop but they're not showing on the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the Photoshop edit can not trigger a new creation of the preview jpeg in the online gallery. It kind of makes sense to me that this would happen because the edit is coming from Photoshop, not Lightroom. The desktop LR is updating it's preview but it is not pushing this update out online. When I get a chance I will play with it on my system and let you know if I get the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa, did you get any further with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colobus,

It worked for me. I synced some Photoshop files to Lightroom mobile. Then I edited one of the PSD files in Photoshop by adding a black and white adjustment layer. It updated immediately in LR, but took a little longer to update online. First I was viewing the public link which was not showing the PS edit. I switched to the private link which did show the black and white version. When I returned to the public link the image had switched to b&w.

I'm not sure what to tell you because I can't duplicate what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shall continue messing around and see if I can recreate it reliably.  Thanks for your time on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, after I edit an image on Photoshop the changes shows on Lightroom classic and on the web but not on my mobile version, usually I need to remove the image from the collection, wait after it is remove from the mobile then add it again to the collection after that changes are updated. But If I do the editing on Lightroom classic they sync almost inmediatly on the mobile version. Did you find a fix for this problem?

Thank you

AL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines