Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Effects import help

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I bought a file to make a cool effect on text with lightbulbs. Problem is, when I open it up with Adobe AE it shows a few error message and opens up a blank working space when it should show the test sample that can be edited.

Error 1

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 20.31.50.png

Error 2

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 20.32.02.png

Can someone help me understand what to do exactly here to fix the problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

the first message tells you you are opening a project that was made with an earlier version of After effects - specifically CS5.

the second message tells you that you have an effect in this project that you do not have installed in your system and it is called "Element" which refers to this plugin VIDEO COPILOT | Element 3D V2 - 3D Object based Particle Plug-in.

more about plugins here: Installing plug-ins for After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the first message tells you you are opening a project that was made with an earlier version of After effects - specifically CS5.

the second message tells you that you have an effect in this project that you do not have installed in your system and it is called "Element" which refers to this plugin VIDEO COPILOT | Element 3D V2 - 3D Object based Particle Plug-in.

more about plugins here: Installing plug-ins for After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines