Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parallel Light

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Im trying to create scene in E3D and after that add some parallel light from stadium lights. But when I add light as a layer nothing changes. I dont know if there is bad settings in E3D or my comp. Can you help me with that?

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 10.54.24.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work with spot lights? Aside from that there are compatibility issues with CC 2015 and 2017. Install the latest compatible version. Also check your graphics driver.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work with spot light neither. I have CC 2017. So it happens, because I do not have latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the fall off to to None or increase the Falloff from 500 pixels to something like 1000 and do the same for radius. Your light is only set to extend 500 pixels and it falls off logarithmically.

I rearranged the workspace so you can see more info from my layers. Here's the difference between the light settings.
Fall off set to none:

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 7.53.34 AM.png

Fall off set to Inverse squared:

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 7.54.58 AM.png

Check the layers that are supposed to be receiving the light for modified properties by pressing the U key twice.

How did you create your scene? By E3D I'm assuming you meant Element 3D. What are the settings? You did not give us much to go on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to figure it out, but it looks like that parallel and spol light are not working on when it is set to 2D layer..after changing solid, in which I am using Element 3D in 3D layer, everything is fine. But, of course, I wanna use Element 3D and I need a layer in 2D. Isnt it wrong settings in Element 3D. I have everything set to basic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What GPU do you have? I would be willing to bet you don't have one. E3D requires a dedicated GPU not that Iris Intel fake thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the record, if you install the older (1.x) version of Element, it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romann,

Were you able to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines