• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom/PS CC performance with Intel HD530 or Quadro

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! First post here... I'm debating between two laptops. Option 2 is twice as much $$, so it's very much a price:performance ratio question:

1) Core i7-6700HQ
Intel HD530; 1920x1080 screen

2) Xeon E3-1505

Quadro M1000M; 3840 x 2160 screen

QUESTION: SSD and RAM being equal, would either option be significantly faster (and by what margin perhaps...) for large LR CC catalogs, particularly in Develop module... as well as Photoshop CC? I'm expecting to use this photo editing with an Intuos Pro (and possibly for AutoCAD) setup full time for the next 2-3 years before considering upgrading.

*Speed/responsiveness during editing would be more important than having a higher-res display... if I had to choose.

**Also, I am thinking of investing in an external color-accurate display (like HP Dreamcolor..) in the next several months to hook it up to. Not sure how much of an impact that would have...

Thank you all in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

If you go to cpubenchmark.net, these two processors have roughly equal performance. So I doubt one will produce significant improvements over the other. Also since the two options shown have different screen sizes, you'd need a high end GPU with the Xeon processor, but an ordinary GPU for the i7.

*Speed/responsiveness during editing would be more important than having a higher-res display... if I had to choose.

Then you should get the fastest CPU you can afford.

Note: these comments are for Lightro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you go to cpubenchmark.net, these two processors have roughly equal performance. So I doubt one will produce significant improvements over the other. Also since the two options shown have different screen sizes, you'd need a high end GPU with the Xeon processor, but an ordinary GPU for the i7.

Then you should get the fastest CPU you can afford.

Note: these comments are for Lightroom ONLY; other software may have other hardware requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines