• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound on Preview CC2017 - 14.0.1.5

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i have install new version, everything was OK, but suddenly, no way to have a RAM preview with audio !

Of course Audio On on RAM preview

I try restart AE, Mac, check audio set up,

Sound was Ok, but not on AE, any project

On Render, sound was OK

Do you have an idea of the problem ?

It is a big issue for me !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

for parameters, i have a new issue, when i try open AE preferences, I crash !!!!!

I suspect there is a bug with the installation causing crashes on preferences and it's somehow related to audio. are you on Windows 10 ? this is something I think is in common. anyways - this is a great time to reset our preferences! so here's how to do it:

Reset After Effects Preferences

if you can't have the finger touch to pull this off you can also delete the pref file manually that is found in this location:

• (Win

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o.k so you say when you Preview your scene using Numpad 0 (old "RAM Preview"), you can't hear audio even though audio is checked in the preview panel for Numpad 0. these are the settings for the prior to CC2015 RAM Preview behavior BTW.

how about when you press the period key? do you hear audio then? when the audio panel is open do you see the level bars rising?

also check you preferences->audio settings see if they look right to you

if you haven't muted the speakers or something through your system or anything like that.

finally try to see you can un-check the hardware acceleration under preferences->display. in recent version I have checked it off in my workstations due to playback with audio problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thanks very much for the time you have taken, answer me !

For preview, no way to use it,

for parameters, i have a new issue, when i try open AE preferences, I crash !!!!!

I think it is a problem with after effects, may be I have to make a new installation of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect there is a bug with the installation causing crashes on preferences and it's somehow related to audio. are you on Windows 10 ? this is something I think is in common. anyways - this is a great time to reset our preferences! so here's how to do it:

Reset After Effects Preferences

if you can't have the finger touch to pull this off you can also delete the pref file manually that is found in this location:

• (Windows) \Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[version]
  • (Mac OS) /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/[version]

you will see a file looking like this:

just delete it an upon launching, Ae will create a new one. who knows - it may solve your problem! if it doesn't, you will have to explain what this means:

For preview, no way to use it,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot again,

Yes it was a problem of preferences,

After delete preference in Library, now everything is OK Preference no crash, and Audio preview OK

Great !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys, i have exactly the same problem! I checked all options and verify preferences, i see level bar rising when i press 0, sound is activated on preview panel and on the timeline, i updated my sounds drivers, etc. and it doesn't work in preview only. It works when i do render.  I also did the trick to remove the preferences file and it didn't work. 

Just to try my file or if i was lame, i used another computer with after effects and it worked. So, it is not my file neither me who doesn't know how to activate sound in AE. 

I am really out of solution now, if you have another idea welcome 🙂 Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines