• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects does not recognise my GPU - Macbook Pro 2016

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems running live preview in Adobe After Effects CC (2017).

After Effects does not recognise my GPU (Radeon Pro 450 2048 MB), is there any way to use my GPU instead of using the CPU.

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 14.48.39.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

is there any way to use my GPU instead of using the CPU.

you are trying to use you GPU for the ray-trace renderer so for this - NO, because your GPU is not supported for CUDA. but don't worry about the ray-tranced renderer - this is just for the old obsolete ray trance rendere. in CC2017 you have the Cinema4D renderer that uses CPU instead.

as for rendering on the GPU in general: Ae only recently (as of CC2015.3) started utilizing the GPU for rendering a few effects:

• Gaussian Blur
  • Lumetri Color
  • Sharp

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is there any way to use my GPU instead of using the CPU.

you are trying to use you GPU for the ray-trace renderer so for this - NO, because your GPU is not supported for CUDA. but don't worry about the ray-tranced renderer - this is just for the old obsolete ray trance rendere. in CC2017 you have the Cinema4D renderer that uses CPU instead.

as for rendering on the GPU in general: Ae only recently (as of CC2015.3) started utilizing the GPU for rendering a few effects:

• Gaussian Blur
  • Lumetri Color
  • Sharpen
  • Brightness and Contrast
  • Find Edges
  • Glow
  • Hue/Saturation
  • Invert
  • Tint

if you GPU card is supported for Video rendering and effects using the GPU (I am not sure it is), you can allow effects to be rendered by the GPU in the project settings. Use option is set to Mercury GPU Acceleration. if not - you will see it grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines