• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert PSE 7 to PSE 14?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PSE 14 on my new computer. Converting my "old" catalog vom PSE 7 didn´t work. The catalog was not found.

Can anybody help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sibylled56560177 wrote:

I just installed PSE 14 on my new computer. Converting my "old" catalog vom PSE 7 didn´t work. The catalog was not found.

Can anybody help?

Try this and report back:

Move Elements Organizer catalog | Elements 6 or later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for answering. didn´t work (import funktion). the message i got (in german) is: import didn´t work because the file type is not supported. file type is pse7db.

(before i made a full backup of my catalog on the old computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the German version:

Elements Organizer-Katalog verschieben | Elements 6 oder höher

- You do a full backup from the old computer to an external drive,

- you restore from that external drive to the new computer (you NEVER import, you restore).

You get back your media folders tree as well as your catalog, and the restore process finally converts your catalog to the new format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. i did restore, well, at least i tried to yesterday.

starting the restore function, the dialog box says (in PSE14) "without backup" (in german: Backup-Datei suchen: <ohne>). there must be somewhere the possibility to change this. but where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sibylled56560177 wrote:

thanks. i did restore, well, at least i tried to yesterday.

starting the restore function, the dialog box says (in PSE14) "without backup" (in german: Backup-Datei suchen: <ohne>). there must be somewhere the possibility to change this. but where.

Could you post a screenshot showing that message?

(German is ok for me...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here it comes. regards sibylle

Von: MichelBParis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

An: Sibylle Dorn <sdorn@ds.uzh.ch>

Datum: 02.12.2016 09:16

Betreff: How to convert PSE 7 to PSE 14?

|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sibylle,

You can't send a photo or screenshot by mail, you have to use your browser from Internet.

To attach the screenshot, click on the 7th icon on top of your message area and follow the instructions.

(Ich verstehe Deutsch ziemlich gut, aber ich spreche/schreibe lieber English oder Französich )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

merci beaucoup pour l´information.

screenshot PSE14.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the upper frame of the dialog, you have to tick the option 'Festplatte...', then 'Durchsuchen' to navigate to the media support of the backup (generally the backup is on an external USB drive). From memory, you first have to select the drive letter (you may have to scroll down to see all drives), then you navigate to the folder containing the 'backup.tly' file. Don't highlight that backup.tly file, simply select the folder and wait for the file to be displayed in the dialog.

The option 'ursprünglichem Verzeichnis' is ok, the translation is not clear, in English it says to 'keep the original folder tree structure' or something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i see what you mean. that´s what i did before - tried before for several times. the backup file ending i got wasn´t dot tly.

so i tried it again - first full backup, then "wiederherstellen" and it worked. no idea why 😉 .

a lot of tags for persons are missing, i will look for a solution online.

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines