• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital edition authorization and duplicates

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old XP computer I use only for reading and a bit of video. I've had DE for a few years and a DE authorization account. Last night, I tried to check out books from my library's Overdrive section and I received an error telling me it couldn't reach the right server. I submitted a ticket there and they told me to try re-authorizing.

When I tried to do that, the authorization said I was authorized without account and it was now demanding an account. I entered my existing account but it died. It's attached to the same email as my support account, so I tried that too. Neither worked. I tried to create a new account and the system said I couldn't create an account because the email was registered to a different computer.

You are familiar with the concept of households having more than one computer, right? If not, it's real, not just a rumor.

How do I get my old authorization working or create a new one, using the same account I use for all of my technical work? I really don't want to have to move to a Kindle edition, but if you force me to I will.

Sincerely,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?