• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS FREEZES THE PC

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effects CC through Creative Cloud version 14.0.1.5 (2017.0 release)

While working on any project , the whole PC is getting freeze and I am enforced to hard press the power button for shutdown.

This is happening randomly but very frequently.

The following are my system configurations , I bought this system just 1 month back.

Interl(R)  Core (TM) i5-6402P CPU @ 2.8Ghz

Mother Board : ASUS B150 M PRO Gaming

16 GB RAM  - Kingston hyperx-ddr4 //66T0084E)

CORSAIR SMPS 0450w (VS450)

Samsung SSD 750 EVO - 120 GB

64 Bit operating System - Windows 10 pro

Graphic Card - ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX TM 750 Ti 2GB  128 bit DDR5

Kindly help me solve this issue , I am totally depressed as I have committed to complete a post production job which is pending.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably need to disable cuda processing, but update your driver and experiment, Rendering with OpenGL in After Effects CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. make sure your GPU driver is up to date
  2. try to run the software as administrator - (right click->run as administrator)
  3. try disabling firewalls or antivirus/malware scanner and see if that works
  4. try reset your preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences
  5. re-install the application using the cc cleaner tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems
  6. contact support and solve this by remote desktop with a support agent: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei & KGlad,

Please find the below screen shot for my preference settings. Please help me.

1. make sure your GPU driver is up to date
    1. I tried this GPU current update , Its suggested me to install JAVA. I have installed the same but its not detecting my GPU Driver , I have taken it manually and it seems be updated.
  2. try to run the software as administrator - (right click->run as administrator)
    1. I am running AAE as Admin only
  3. try disabling firewalls or antivirus/malware scanner and see if that works
    1. I have disabled my Norton Anti Virus , even uninstalled it , but still Freeze is happening.
  4. try reset your preferences: Reset After Effects Preferences
    1. I dont know,  this is not working for me , any manual navigation to find this settings , please help.
  5. re-install the application using the cc cleaner tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems
    1. NOT YET TRIED
  6. contact support and solve this by remote desktop with a support agent: Contact Customer Care
    1. NOT YET TRIED

GPU Info.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very good report

as for step 4, just delete the preferences file that is located here:

• (Windows) \Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[version]

his one:

if that doesn't help let me suggest step 4.5 - under the same path I mentioned, rename your adobe folder to old adobe

then proceed to step 5 and 6

thank you for updating the thread. this could help other users facing the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys , I have tried installing the latest driver and completed the same. Earlier it was 375.95 and now updated to 376.09

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei,

Thanks for your time & efforts.

As you suggested I have tried the Step 4 , just delete the preferences file that is located here:

• (Windows) \Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[version]

After Removing the file , I tried working on AAE , when it processing/buffering my File , In parallel I tried launching and seen some video in youtube , it got freezed immediately ( This haven't happened when I see video in youtube without launching AE, I am sure)

So I have gone to the next level of breakdown, Step 5 and 6 but forgot to do the step 4.5 as you suggested ( Sorry it was my mistake)

Step 5 :

Uninstalling all apps from Control Panel Remove programs including the App preferences.

Uninstalling all Abode related apps

Finally the creative cloud

Restarted my machine for betterment

and then taken the "Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool" log file and searched for "Failure" texts , but find nothing.Files information below.

Clean Tools completion : Removed all Adobe related app from the system

Final Steps of Re-installation as per the documentation available

I have done all the possibilities with proper documentation except the 4.5 step.But I have removed all apps through uninstall programs and deleted all related files from cleaner tool as well.Now I am using Adobe After Effects and its freezes immediately when loaded my video files and started buffering its timelines.God sake, now I am more depressed.Please save me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 6 - contact support! Step 7 - let us know what worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arun R,

Were able to solve this issue yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right now I have some issues. I'm also depressed.
Adobe After Effects 17.0.6 (2020 release)
If anyone found this error please report me.
The following are my system configurations.
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.7Ghz
MotherBoard : ASUS PRIME Z390-A
32 GB RAM - Kingston hyperx-ddr4)
Kingston SSD - 240 GB
64 Bit operating System - Windows 10
Graphic Card - ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 6G

Support team did not even respond.

Please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines