Having trouble working out how to layer two photos on top of each other in Elements 15?
In Editor, go to the expert tab.
- Open picture B, the one you wish to select something from to add to another picture.
- Use one of the selection tools, e.g. selection brush, lasso tool, to select the object. You will see an outline ("marching ants") once the selection is complete
- Go to Edit menu>copy to copy the selection to the clipboard
- Open picture A, then go to Edit>paste
- Use the move tool to position object from picture B.
- In the layers palette you should see picture A as the background layer, and object B on a separate layer.
I am new to elements 15 ( actually all of Photoshop) when I do steps 1-3 it tells me no pixels selected? This is with the lasso tool, this is a newly installed Version of Elements 15 on a PC running windows 10. This was one of the closest questions to my need, my exercise for this photo is to levitate. I need to know how to get two different pictures in the same layering View, my background photo with no props, my top view the photo with my subject?
I have tried dragging and dropping the photos from my photo bin at the bottom of my screen it to my lawyers on the right, I'm sure there is a simple way of doing this?
I'm not sure what you are attempting to levitate.
Let's assume that you have a picture of a beach scene, and a separate picture of a dog in a park. Would your intent be to place the dog on the beach?