• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae comp quality & resolution Question

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets say, I made a new composition and I want to make a "Trap Nation" like audio spectrum. For the start, I set the settings to 720p.

Ive made a spectrum that I like, and Im happy with it. But, then I realize that it needs a render at higher detail for it to look good. so I try 1080p.

still not enough. (Im working with a "vector Blur " effect to make it look good.) so I decide to scale the comp settings to 4K (3840 × 2160;16:9), but now Im concerned, becose when I scaled the comp up, I had to scale the layers up separatelly aswell. did I loose quality by doing that?

The original quality still 720P but scaled up or is it now ready for a 4K res export?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

I want to make a "Trap Nation" like audio spectrum.

I would bet and say that most of us don't know what this means... give us more information

Ive made a spectrum that I like, and Im happy with it. But, then I realize that it needs a render at higher detail for it to look good. so I try 1080p

there's a script that can help you easily scale a composition including all of it's content and it's called... "scale compositions". you can find it under file->scripts. select the composition you want to sc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make a "Trap Nation" like audio spectrum.

I would bet and say that most of us don't know what this means... give us more information

Ive made a spectrum that I like, and Im happy with it. But, then I realize that it needs a render at higher detail for it to look good. so I try 1080p

there's a script that can help you easily scale a composition including all of it's content and it's called... "scale compositions". you can find it under file->scripts. select the composition you want to scale and click the script. set your new parameter for scaling

it will scale your composition i.e scale the composition itself and all the layers inside. if I changed it from HD720 to HD1080 it will scale to 150% all the layers relatively. if they were 100%, they will now be 150%. if I had a scaled down HD1080 video inside, it will now be 100%

The original quality still 720P but scaled up or is it now ready for a 4K res export?

if the layers are pixels (like video) and they were originally 720, then upon increasing the composition size (and the export rendered video as a result) they will be soft and lose quality. are you sure you need to export your video as 4K? most computers can't playback 4k nicely or view it 100%.

still not enough. (Im working with a "vector Blur " effect to make it look good.)

if all you are doing is to scale your composition to get a type of an effect to look right, then you are probably doing something wrong. what exactly are you set to accomplish? be as specific as you can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ment this as "trap nation like":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=knfrxj0T5NY

I'm trying to achieve a water/smoke like sound vizualizer . Constant movements and all the water things.

I already achieved that effect and I noticed that it really isn't necessary to go for 4K. 1080 p looks good enough.

I used the "time + value " command in the keyframe panel. The thing that opens up when I alt+lefclick a clock next to an effect.

Thank you for showing me the script. My problems are solved now.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines