• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 14 keeps crashing on downloading graphics

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help, I'm trying to sort out a calendar via 'create' in Elements 14 and whilst it's allowed me to download various calendar formats and all of the layouts, everytime I try to download a 'Graphic' (bottom right corner of screen) whether it's a background, frame or graphic I get a 'Photoshop Elements 14 has stopped working and will close' message but when I reopen Elements it has actually done the download.  I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Please try the following solutions to resolve this problem:

Solution # 1

1. Go to Edit>Preferences>General and click ‘Reset Preferences on next launch’ button.
  2. Click OK and relaunch the application.
  3. Check if backgrounds and frames are getting downloaded properly.

If above solution does not work, please try solution #2 .Before deleting any content, make sure to take a backup of the same. Solution # 2

1. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0 and rename ThumbDatabase.db3 to ThumbDatabase_old.db3
  2. C:\Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following solutions to resolve this problem:

Solution # 1

1. Go to Edit>Preferences>General and click ‘Reset Preferences on next launch’ button.
  2. Click OK and relaunch the application.
  3. Check if backgrounds and frames are getting downloaded properly.

If above solution does not work, please try solution #2 .Before deleting any content, make sure to take a backup of the same. Solution # 2

1. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0 and rename ThumbDatabase.db3 to ThumbDatabase_old.db3
  2. C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\14.0\Locale\en_us and rename MediaDatabase.db3 to MediaDatabase_old.db3
  3. Relaunch the application and wait for some time till application regenerate the databases.
  4. Check if backgrounds and frames are getting downloaded properly.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anwesha,

Thanks for your reply and for understanding the problem.  Solution #1 thankfully seems to have done the trick and I'm now on my way to creating some wonderful calendars.

Thank you so much for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines