• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 license doesn't work on new PC

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to install LR6 on my new PC using the product serial number from my existing PC. The error message states the number is valid but "a qualifying product could not be found on this computer." Sounds like a catch-22 - I won't have LR6 on my computer until the installation completes, right? And I can't complete the installation without a serial number. Does anyone have suggestions for this problem? I'd prefer not to go with a CC subscription at this time...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

The error message indicates you are installing an "Update" to Lr6 and the installer is looking for an earlier version already installed on this new PC.

All you need is the Serial number from the 'old' version (Lr5 ?) AND the Serial number you received when you purchased the 'New' Lr6 version.

When you run Lr6 it should ask you for the two serial numbers. Read the error dialogs carefully.

You do not need the previous version installed on the new PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message indicates you are installing an "Update" to Lr6 and the installer is looking for an earlier version already installed on this new PC.

All you need is the Serial number from the 'old' version (Lr5 ?) AND the Serial number you received when you purchased the 'New' Lr6 version.

When you run Lr6 it should ask you for the two serial numbers. Read the error dialogs carefully.

You do not need the previous version installed on the new PC.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Took a little digging, but found the previous version's serial number, entered that and all is good. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines