Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving folders in LR doesn't work

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm moving my LR folders from a NAS to a external hard disk. Mostly was going well until the moment I pointed some folders to the wrong destination; so I did cancel the transaction. Then I would repeat moving the folders to the right destination but it isn't working because "the folders already exist in the place of destination". This is the error that occur but I don't see the maps there; they are still on the original NAS. Can anyone help me with this?

Kind regards Els

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

For this type of operation I suggest you don't use LR. I suggest you use the File Manager for your OS and then Relink the folders in LR at there new locations.

In my experience moving file and folders in LR can cause unexpected consequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this type of operation I suggest you don't use LR. I suggest you use the File Manager for your OS and then Relink the folders in LR at there new locations.

In my experience moving file and folders in LR can cause unexpected consequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As per Just Shoot Me above-

and a link with details to copy and re-link starting at -Part 2 - Updating Folder Location

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines