Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download the offline/standalone installer

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -

For whatever reason, the regular Adobe Flash installer has always failed to update Flash on my Mac. Some time ago, I figured out the offline/standalone installer works correctly, so I've come to use that.

I can't grab the offline download as easily as I used to - the Flash download webpage detects what operating system I'm using, and if I pick a download for my operating system, I get the online installer. ie, if I'm on a Mac and choose Mac, I get the online installer. If I'm on Windows and choose Windows, I get the online installer.

So far I've found a few ways to get the offline installer:

If I fire up another computer or VM running a different OS, I get the offline installer. So from a Windows VM, I get the Mac offline installer.

Another way is to right-click the "Download now" button, copy the link, and append "&standalone=1" to the URL. That allows me to grab the offline installer without resorting to firing up another machine/VM.

I really wish Adobe would just add some type of "Offline installer" checkbox to the OS/Browser selection form (screenshot attached). Despite choosing "Allow Adobe to install updates" etc, the regular, online updater fails every single time I use it, so I rely on the offline installer to ensure I'm up to date.

2016-11-04-084751_461x539_scrot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi saxindustries

I'd like to get the install log files from your Mac to investigate why the online/web installer doesn't work.  Please read through the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? ​ FAQ.  Enable verbose logging and configure your to obtain all 4 log files for the same installation attempt.  Run the installer until it fails, or returns an error.  If an error is returned, take a screenshot of the error.  After taking the screenshot (of applicable) close/exit out of the installer.  Gather the 4 install log files and upload them to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document .  Post the link to the uploaded files, and the screenshot (if applicable) in your reply.

Alternatively, the offline installer is posted at Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac ​in the 'Still having problems' section.

Please do provide the log files so we can attempt to determine why it's failing on you system.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I've been having this same problem for the last year or so. Every single update on my MacBook Pro, for the last couple or so OSX versions, has failed via the traditional update mechanism, and I end up searching for the offline installer link. The offline installer always works. I'd be happy to send y'all my log, but I suspect this is not an uncommon issue. It's a very common experience for most of my friends who also use Macs.

Thank you for including the offline link in your reply. Once again, using that allowed me to install the latest update after having the downloaded installer via the Flash update mechanism fail.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What OS X version do you have?  If you provide the log files we can view them and see if they provide information as to why the installer is failing.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines