Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is unable to back up the catalog

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm sick and tired of wasting hours and hours on computer problems, so I thought some of you might be able to help me.

My problem. Until a few minutes ago my "Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat" was located on my ssd where it was installed by default. Since I'm running out of space on that one, Lightroom told me to make room for the backups. I originally wanted to change my backup folder location but found out that you need to move the entire "Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat" file to a seperate location and start lightroom by clicking on it. I did so and everything worked out fine but when I closed Lightroom and wanted to do a backup it only said "Lightroom is unable to back up the catalog named "Lightroom 5 Catalog". So, right now there is nothing I can do, I have the folder with all the backups on a seperate drive as well and when I select it, LR just doesn't want to do the backup. And yes before you ask, I already checked for the sufficient permission and I have a good 600gb of space free. I hope you can help me Thank you in Advance

P.s. I went through all the other discussions related to this topic but I'm just not able to get the right answer,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the path for your backups set up properly on the backup dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I guess so, since I moved the backup folder as well I changed the backup path multiple times now but literally nothing seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you mean by, "I guess so"? When the backup dialog displays it shows you where the backup is going to be created. Is that path valid, and is it writable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when the backup dialog displays, I select the "backup" folder where lightroom previously put all of the backups. In my case the path selected is Volume (M:) > Programm > Lightroom Catalog > Lightroom (which is the folder where I can find all of the previous backups). The folder info indeed says "Read-only (Only applies to files in this folder)"  but I can't seem to change that. Every time I uncheck the box and click on ok, it says that it's going to change the attributes but when I view the folder info one more time the box is checked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I just solved the problem. The solution was that I had to manually click on the last backup of the catalog, since I moved everything to a different location. Glad, I got this solved. Thank you for helping me Jim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines