• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a seamless blend

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have often had issues trying to blend two photos into one seamlessly.

The scenario I come up with is two images that have been scanned, usually from a book and I want to put them back together. Often the binding is in the seem, so I have to lose some of the image because it did not scan all the way to the edge.

The areas I need to blend I usually use a mixture of clone, smudge, heal, etc. to try and get a seamless cross over, but in the end you can always see the place where they come together.

I am pretty good with Photoshop, but I know there must be a better way. Any thoughts or tutorials on this would be appreciated.

Henry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are so inclined, please post a representative file with the two pictures and the imperfection. This will give us a better idea as to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the two pages side by side. Because the scan line is also the curve of the inset, I lose some image dataScreenshot 2016-12-03 20.05.31.png

Here is the trouble area

Screenshot 2016-12-03 20.05.24.png

Thanks for all thoughts and guidance

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Henry,

Using the Rectangular marquee tool, I made a selection of a "good" area next to the text, and placed that on its own layer (CTRL+J). Then, with the move tool, nudged it over the distraction as a patch.

For some of the other areas, I opened a blank layer at the top, filled it with 50%gray & overlay blending mode.

Used the eyedropper tool to sample adjacent color and painted over defects with the brush tool @40% opacity.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Another option for your purpose may be to scan the pages individually  and place them on a new background. You would have 100% control of the size to make it conform to the size of your paper stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, all good suggestions. The two sides are different scans and on different layers right now. I will try your ideas and report back.

Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines