Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF documents and Verity Problem

Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an application that periodically indexes the document folder using cfindex.

If the folder contains PDF documents not created using CFPDF and are standard, the verity index process works correctly.

PDFs can contain forms and form data.

However, if I use CFPDF to use these particular PDFs to populate/flatten/merge and create new PDFs in the document folder and reindex the verity collection, the indexing process (KVOOP.EXE) uses up to 100% of the CPU process and crashes the Cold Fusion server and/or freezes the computer.

Is there a known bug with Verity and PDF forms created with CFPDF tag??

-------------------------------

After further investigations and checking the log files, I have come down to these error messages being the reason.

Warn E0-1514 (Drvr): TstrIOFilter:flt_kv: KV failed on filtering document: error = 6

Warn E2-0527 (Document Index): Document 13 (C:\Content\Document Test 155816.pdf): Stream error (-140) - SKIPPING

Invalid document ID/key. (-25)

How could I get around these errors?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Found this thread. May be this can help you to resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2008 Jul 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Yes I already saw that thread, but that doesn't solve this issue we have here unfortuntately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which version of CF you are having there?..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry... I missed the word "CFPDF".. :-)... It must be *CF8*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your post.
For lovable music visit http://musiktag.eu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Aussie_Coder, did you fix this problem?

I'm using CF7 and its not indexing any PDFs created using 'Acrobat PDFMaker 9.0 for Word' and giving me the 'Stream error (-140) - SKIPPING' error like what you're getting. PDFs created in previous versions of 'Acrobat PDFMaker for Word' are being indexed fine.

The company is planning on upgrading everyone to v9 so this could be a huge issue for me soon.

Any hints or tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured it out....

Adobe Acrobat v8 saves PDFs in v5 (1.4) format by default. Adobe Acrobat v9 saves PDFs in v7 (1.6) format by default.

ColdFusions CFINDEX doesn't like PFDs saved in v6 (1.5) or higher. So if you upgrade to Adobe Acrobat v9 and want to use the PDFs in a CF verity search you need to configure Distiller to save in v5 (or earlier) format so they can be indexed. (Or just resave the files to be optimised for v5 after they have been created.)

My solution was to configure the application to do a CFFILE READ on the PDF when a user uploads the document into the system. The first 8 characters of the file contents indicate the PDF version. v4 and v5 will work. v6+ won't work.

<cfif Mid(fileContents, 6, 3) lte 1.4>
    <!--- This is PRE version 6 - it will be fine in the search --->
<cfelseif Mid(fileContents, 6, 3) gt 1.4>
    <!--- This is version 6-9 or higher - it won't work in the search - ABORT --->
</cfif>

Hope this comes in handy for someone one day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with one collecction yet all of the documents are PDF version 1.4 and worked prior to converting to CF8.

This problem is only on one collection.  I have deleted and rebuilt the collection several times but it simply will not index the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation