• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing An Mp4 in InDesign and getting low quality footage

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to place a quicktime clip which i converted into an mp4 in media encoder into indesign to make an interactive pdf but when I export the indesign file and play the video in a pdf, its horrible quality and very pixelated and I have no idea what's causing this. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What PDF reader are you using to view and play the PDF file? Exactly what settings are you using in Media Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file was 1080 x 1920 so i used HD 1080i 29.97 the and then i was using acrobat dc 2015 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized, when I play it 100% its fine, but it's too big for the screen, you cant see the whole movie, just the top left corner of it. is there a way to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the page size? Can it be bigger? Or, you can choose a different W x H in AME. Experiment with different settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just got the video to play at 50% size in acrobat and the quality is good. Is there a way to lock that setting in so when the video is viewed it will only be that size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean, Is there a way to force a user not to zoom in or zoom out on a page in Acrobat or Reader, you can't prevent that.

It will always be at the video size relationship to the page size. That won't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have the file in MP4 format, and it plays fine, but you suggested playing with the with and height, in AME, do you mean after effects or indesign? Because it is still pixelated once it is put into a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I meant experiment with different presets in Adobe Media Encoder. There are hundreds of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines