• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Importing to Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to import I can view the images but when I start the import nothing imports and lightroom freezes.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I will take photos and only some of them will be viewable in the Import module- the others will say "Preview unavailable for this file".

The weird thing is that it will change. I will close out of Lightroom and reopen it and when I try to import photos there will be different ones that are viewable and ones that aren't. Whether I click on a photo that I can view or not doesn't matter, most of the times it won't import and the import dialog box will freeze. I have multiple cameras and it doesn't matter which camera I am using either.

Typically I have to try multiple times- most of the time dozens of times over an hour or longer- of trying to import photos, import freezes, close out of lightroom and try again. Eventually, it usually works.

What a terribly annoying, hassle, infuriating problem. I feel like I have looked everywhere on different forums and haven't found an answer that works. I talked to someone from Adobe support and they didn't do anything.

I'm so angry- it makes me reluctant to take photos because it is such a terrible headache to actually try to use my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, have been using Lightroom for a long time. I had Lightroom 3, then 4, then 5 and now CC. I have never had any issues like this in any version until just recently.

I hate to switch programs because Lightroom is what I'm familiar with, but this is so frustrating it has me wanting to switch to a different editing program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to be getting worse, not better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines