• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML 5 Publish that scales but not vertically centered?

Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, everyone!

New here. I have a project that is 13 slides with audio. The skin has table of contents and playback controls at the bottom.

My first publish didn't scale it down on my iPhone, so I went in and checked "Scalable HTML Content". Now it scales down for my phone, but it plays in the browser on the computer and the iPhone vertically centered. Any way to have it scale on smaller screens but be at the top of the browser?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specifically is it that you want at the TOP of the browser?  Is it the playbar controls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I want the entire project to be aligned at the top of the browser, which is what it does when you don't have "Scalable HTML Content". With that option turned on, the entire project is centered vertically. I want it aligned at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is centered. I want it to be aligned at the top instead of centered.

centered.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no option in Captivate to control this from the settings.  You will probably need to hack the CSS code in the HTML page to get it to align to the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I thought of that and opened the index.html with BBEdit but I'm not a coder. I was just looking for things like "align" "middle" and changing them to "top" but it didn't work. I don't know what I'm doing. I'll research the web to see if someone else already outlined where this bit of code is, etc.

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this thread is quite old at this point, but figured I'd toss this out there. I'm using captivate for a limited use-case, but this seems to work for me.

To keep the content aligned to the top of the browser (while using scalable content) add this bit of code to the very end of the file: Your Project > assets > css > CPLibraryAll.css

#main_container{

top:0px !important;

}

tallscot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources